How to Setup Netgear Router for Cable internet Connection?
Netgear router is one of the widely preferred routing device for internet access. Router should be configured correctly for cable internet connection and this article will provide the user with the necessary steps.
Netgear Router can be Configured with Smart Wizard and here are the steps –
- Connect the computer to one of the LAN ports and modem to the internet port of the router.
- Switch off and on the devices which include computer, router and modem. Wait till the booting is completed.
- Open the Netgear router setup page over IP ‘192.168.1.1’. Login using the ‘Username’ as ‘admin’ and ‘Password’ as ‘Password’.
- Click on ‘Setup Wizard’ as the wizard opens click on ‘Yes’ and then followed by ‘Next’.
- Setup Wizard detects the type of internet connection and for cable connection ‘Dynamic IP’ is detected.
- Check whether the internet is connected to the internet and under ‘Maintenance’ select ‘Router Status’.
- Finally click on ‘Save’.
Follow the Steps for Configuring Netgear Router with Netgear Genie –
- Un-plug the modem and router and connect an Ethernet cable to the ‘Internet’ port from the modem.
- Also connect an Ethernet cable from computer to the LAN port of the router.
- Reconnect the power of the router and also re-insert the back-up battery.
- Login to the Netgear setup page over IP ‘192.168.1.1’ and login correctly using the ‘Username’ as ‘admin’ and password as ‘Password’.
- Click on ‘Advanced’ and then ‘Setup Wizard’.
- Once the setup is finished click on ‘Take me to the Internet’ to test the connection of the internet.
With these steps mentioned above Netgear user can easily configure the router for internet connection. If there is any problem in the configuration or setup the best alternate solution is to contact the support team for remote steps of the Netgear router issue.